Thursday, December 13, 2007

The first Classes at the new StudioÉLAN...

by Eleanor Hendriks

...are coming to an end. I've had eight fun sessions with 6 beginning students who started coming to the studio once a week back in October. Now their work is glazed and waiting to go into the kiln tomorrow with the last of my production for the year.




Some of their finished pieces from the first kiln firing this session. I always try to fire the kiln twice in a session. This gives the students a chance to see the huge change glazing can make to their pieces. I also encourage them to keep a few of their very first pieces, even if they aren't in love with them, to use as glaze test pieces.



And as for my work, I'm planning on firing a few more of my Dip Dishes like the ones I have been listing on etsy in more great colour combinations. In the background are a few casseroles that aren't going to make it into this kiln. I just can't decide how to glaze them and I have put too much work into them so far to experiment on them now!



I am advertising new sessions of classes starting in January and again in April. I hope lots of people sign up...it can be very quiet in the studio without any students.


And what is germinating under here?!?! Stick around -they should sprout in January!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails