Monday, April 07, 2008

Back in the Saddle

by Eleanor Hendriks
After a hard drive meltdown imposed blogging break, I'm back with some news from StudioÉlan. A new round of classes has started here again -Welcome to Sylvia, Sandy, Sue, Suzanne (yes I am still getting the 's' names mixed up -I may have to make flash cards!) Betty, and Janet. Welcome back to Gayle, Lee Ann and Rochelle. I'm looking forward to a great session -some nice work has already been done by this group -but you'll have to wait to see it!

In the meantime I'll show off some work from the last round of classes and the March Break Camp for Kids.

First the adults....

Making ovals is a challenge to starting potters....
Look at the lovely colouring on this set....
T-pots are always a challenge -and check out the beautiful carved detail...
A set of mugs...

And the outhouse -finished at last! (Rod -if you are reading this -come and pick up your pieces!) And now for the Art Camp! I'm afraid the pictures are a bit scimpy even though the kids did a lot of great work. My hard drive ate the pictures of the mosaic mirrors, the abstract paper cutting, the tin punch lanterns and some of the pottery. So here is just a taste of their efforts...


Just a few of the great stacks of snack bowls -they each made and personalized between five and eight bowls -there were bowls on every horizontal surface for a while....

Gameboards and pieces -including the saddle that I'm back on!...


Castle towers chock full of details and carefully painted... Good job everyone! I'll be back soon with some pots-in-progress photos of the things that I'm working on and an embarassing story about how I improved my berry bowl glazing method by mistake.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

those are very cool projects I love the tea pot, blue mugs, and the outhouse is fantastic!!!

Kirsten said...

That looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Related Posts with Thumbnails