Friday, February 26, 2010

I have a New Man in My Life

by Eleanor Hendriks

His name is Peter. I met him on Valentine's Day and I'm in love.

So here's the whole juicy story. I bought a Peter Pugger/Mixer from another potter who was upgrading and the only day we weren't both busy was Valentine's Day so that was the day we arranged to go and pick it up. My handy hubby (yes, I'm keeping him too) and I spent the most romantic day driving to get the pugmill, rearranging the studio to accommodate it and testing it out on my huge pile of reclaim.

This great machine is more than just a pugmill, it is also a mixer, which means I can put dry trimmings and chunks, slop, water and workable clay in it to be reconstituted. The only thing it won't mix up is leatherhard clay. Also, is has a vacuum pump, so the clay comes out deaired, there is no need to wedge! Be still, my beating heart...

My hubby loves the pugmill too! So much so, that he volunteered to turn my three year pile of reclaim back into usable clay. He's already made noticeable progress.

New love is just the thing to brighten up the depths of winter!

8 comments:

BBQWolfe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JDWolfe said...

haha, I posted under my husband's account earlier

JDWolfe said...

I need to rethink my love life after reading this. hmmmmm

Judith Frederick said...

Doesn't surprise me that the hubby likes it, Men and their tools and stuff... its all the "Plug it in and it does cool stuff" family. Enjoy.

Gina said...

I understand your new love affair! Congratulations!

lomaprietapottery said...

Jealousy is not a becoming emotion, so I am going to try to not be jealous -- but it's hard! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

i am so totally envious i can't stand it. i've always wanted a peter pugger. i've got a couple years of scraps waiting to get reclaimed the hard way... maybe that's why it's not done yet.

Mary Sullivan said...

I was telling the fellow at Pottery Supply House recently that I was drooling over pugmills the night before and he looked at me funny. But I know that you understand exactly how I feel. I'm sure this would be something my husband would love to do too! I'll be honest and say I am jealous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails